CLASSIC CARS

29 MAY 2018

CLASSIC CARS

Auction, 0249
FLORENCE
Villa La Massa
via della Massa 24
Candeli, 50012 Firenze

5.30 p.m.

The ASTA LIVE service will not be available for this auction.
Viewing
FLORENCE
Villa La Massa
26-28 May 2018   10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
29 May 2018        10 a.m. - 12.30 p.m.
 
 
 
Estimate   4000 € - 250000 €

All categories

1 - 30  of 31
2

FIAT 1100 FAMILIARE (1961)

PANORAMICA

CHASSIS N. 103H108-772510

ENGINE: IN LINE 4

DISPLACEMENT: 1089 CM3

POWER:  50 BHP

BODY STYLE: STATION WAGON

AN ELEGANT ITALIAN STATION WAGON

That of the Fiat 1100 is a long family line, going back to the 508C of 1937. This car was mildly adapted and proposed in the post-war years, but a whole new model was created and launched in 1953.

The 1100/103 had a brand new monocoque motor car, but the engine was still strongly related to the pre-war 1100, which was so good that it lasted for a quarter century. The new model had a three-box saloon body, to which a station wagon version was added after a few months.

The 103 had a successful run from 1953 to 1962 and more than a million units, produced in a host of series, such as the E, the D and finally the H. It played an important role in this country’s industrialization and motorization process.

The displacement under 1100 cm3 was fiscally advantageous, and some versions were created with more luxury even if the car was small: one such car was the 1100/103H, often produced with a duo-tone livery.

The “Familiare” shown here today is such a car, with its elegant white with dark green roof color scheme, which goes perfectly with the green upholstery.

It had a good life, with just four owners and around 74,000 kms, and has been bought by the seller around fifteen years ago. He then restored the bodywork and renewed the mechanics: that’s why the car drives so well, as I can testify having driven it from Rimini to Florence!

The brakes and tyres have just been renewed.

This pampered 1100 still has its original number plate and libretto, as well as a number of period documents and paperwork.

It would be a perfect car for someone who loves Italian cars of the ‘50s and plans to drive with friends, or a dog.

It surely would be one of the most admired motor cars in the Goodwood paddock!

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

 

Estimate    12.000 / 15.000
3

DAIMLER SIX 4.0 LONG WHEELBASE (1996)

CHASSIS N. SAJDKAND4BJ768833

ENGINE: 6 CYLINDER

DISPLACEMENT: 3980 CC

POWER: 219 BHP

BODY STYLE: Long wheelbase saloon

A LUXURY SALOON FIT FOR THE ROYALS

Enthusiasts will remember this German-sounding Brand because of one of the most British of English cars.  In fact, in the early days of motoring, a company called Daimler was established in order to import the first small cars built by the German garage of the same name into the United Kingdom. Today, however, the Daimler name is still used for the German parent company, one of the most important European industrial concerns.

Apart from these company complications, British Daimler soon became the vehicle of choice for the Royal Family and was used exclusively by four monarchs.

Technically, the pre-war Daimler was an excellent car, certainly never sporty and always rather formal.  In 1960 it was taken over by Jaguar and since then some particularly luxurious versions of the their saloons were called Daimlers.

The X300 series was designed from 1991 onwards, thus when Jaguar had already been purchased by Ford.  The AJ6 six cylinder engine was completely revamped and rechristened the AJ16.  The X330 - i.e. the long wheelbase version of which we are today offering an excellent example - went on sale in summer 1995.  The wheelbase was lengthened by 125 mm which made it possible to offer excellent interior comfort for the rear passengers since these versions were mainly used with a chauffeur.

The vehicle proposed here belongs to a very limited series (especially with left-hand drive), particularly luxuriously fitted out and much more expensive than the normal version.  It has around 96,000 kilometers on the clock and is in excellent condition, being sold by its second owner.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

 

Estimate    6.000 / 8.000
Price realized  Registration
4

FERRARI MONDIAL (1988)

CHASSIS N. ZFFWD21B000075832

ENGINE: 8 CYLINDER

DISPLACEMENT: 3200 CC

POWER: 270 BHP

BODY STYLE: COUPE’ 2+2

SINGLE OWNERSHIP AND EXTREMELY LOW MILEAGE

Ferrari’s first ‘production’ model – the 250 – featured a slightly longer version which was able to transport four passengers.  It was a vehicle for the slightly more mature enthusiast with a growing family or the need for more space and comfort.

The V12 2+2 line, which started with the 250 GTE, continued with the 330 and the splendid 365/400/412, and is still present today with the GT4 Lusso.

At the end of the 1960s Ferrari launched the mid-engined Dino, and started working on a 2+2 version.  This led first to the birth of the 308 GT4 and subsequently of the Mondial which was presented at the Geneva Motor Show in 1980.

Designed by Pininfarina, stylistically the Mondial represented a link between the Testarossa and the 308 GTB, from which the vehicle’s chassis is in fact derived.  This, based on a tubular frame, lent itself to a version with a long wheelbase of over 300 mm - necessary for the 2+2.

In 1985 the Mondial went up to 3.2 liters.  This generous engine was characterized by its four valves per cylinder and the four camshafts of the Bosch K-Jetronic injection fuel supply, coupled with a longitudinal gearbox.

Built with great care and provided with a very luxurious interior – entirely upholstered in leather – the Mondial was the great luxury vehicle of the period.

The example that we are proposing today was registered on 5/12/1988, and joined the family garage. This was particularly well stocked, which is the reason for the very low mileage (just 16,300 KM!). 

The car is practically new and even the light-colored interior, which usually shows signs of wear on Ferraris from this period, is as good as new.  There is even a splendid SIP car-phone, one of the symbols of the 1980s.

The vehicle has always been maintained and used, albeit for only a few kilometers.

 

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but, for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters, cambelts and perishable elements.

 

Estimate    30.000 / 40.000
Price realized  Registration
5

PORSCHE 993 TURBO

CHASSIS: WPOZZZ99ZTS371219

ENGINE: 6 cylinder boxer twin turbo

DISPLACEMENT: 3.600 CC

POWER: 430 CV

BODY STYLE: COUPE’

THE ULTIMATE 993, THE LAST AIRCOOLED PORSCHE

 

The last 911 with air cooled engine was the 993 series launched in September 1993.

The 911 Turbo in the 993 series was considerably modified and boosted, equipped with permanent four wheel drive.

The new 993 Turbo introduced some stylistic variations compared to the aspirated 993: rear wheel arches widened by 3 cm, new front spoiler with three increased frontal apertures, plus an additional lower aperture integrated in the rear wheel arches, new rear spoiler with an original design.

The M64/60 3.6 liter engine (two valves and a spark plug per cylinder) adopted dual turbocharging by means of two KKK K16 turbo compressors, each with an integrated waste-gate valve, and two air-air intercoolers; the configuration with the two small turbos made it possible to have a torque of 450 Nm already available at 2,500 revs/min, thus offering a driving flexibility never seen before in a turbocharged car.

The four wheel drive system divided the drive with a 20/80 ratio and limited slip differential (25%-40%) that entered into action starting from 70 Km/h and that, connected with the ABD system, guaranteed excellent adherence.  The declared performance was 290 Km/h at maximum speed and acceleration from 0 a 100 Km/h in 4.5 seconds.

Starting from the 1996 production a booster kit of up to 430 CV was made available that is provided with our vehicle.

The vehicle proposed here has been owned for around ten years by a Porsche enthusiast who has driven and cared for it with the unmistakable style of one who loves this type of motor.   

The car has a mileage of 96700 km and has only had three owners.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

 

Estimate    100.000 / 130.000
6

LANCIA APRILIA CABRIOLET (1939)

CHASSIS N. 239-3750

ENGINE: NARROW VEE 4 CYLINDER

DISPLACEMENT:  1350 CM3

POWER:  48 BHP

BODY STYLE: CABRIOLET BY PININ FARINA

THE LAST JOINT MASTERPIECE OF LANCIA AND FARINA

Vincenzo Lancia had been a Fiat racing driver and then in 1906 founded his car company.

Though he was no engineer, he created a host of motorcars among the most innovative of their times, such as the 1923 Lambda with its monococque body, hydraulic brakes and independent front suspension.

In the mid ‘30s, as the angular and serious-looking Augusta was establishing new standards, Lancia started thinking about a new and innovative model.

The new car was to be very roomy and sporty even with a small engine: lightness and aerodynamics were to be its key points, while all round independent suspensions would give it unparalleled road manners and comfort.

Thus the Aprilia was born with a body/structure unit studied and perfected in the Turin University. For many Lancisti it was Vincenzo Lancia’s masterpiece, launched in 1937 just a few months after his sudden passing.

Vincenzo Lancia and Battista “Pinin” Farina were old friends, and the relationship was very strong between the two companies as well. One can say that nobody like Farina has been able to interpret the spirit of Lancia, before and after the war.

Even the Aprilia, which had a unique line, had its special versions. One of the best was the Pinin Farina Cabriolet, of which we are proud to show an example today.

The proportions of the Aprilia platform chassis, produced just for the coachbuilders, gave them the  possibility to create a spacious yet compact Drophead Coupé, for those customers who wanted the thrill of open-air driving and the pleasure only an Aprilia could grant.

The very rare car we propose today has been owned for many years by one of the main Italian Lancia collectors. He had it repainted many years ago and the upholstery has been revamped about five years ago: the car is just perfect.

The Aprilia Cabriolet was a very rare car even when new, and today it is very hard to find one for sale. A prewar example is practically impossible to find, thus this car represents an unique opportunity.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

 

Estimate    150.000 / 200.000
7

MG TD (1953)

CHASSIS N. A 6243248

ENGINE: IN LINE 4

DISPLACEMENT: 1250 CM3

POWER:  55 cv

BODY STYLE: ROADSTER

The MG brand was founded in the ’20s by Cecil Kimber, who managed the “Morris Garages” in Oxford. This was a group of Dealerships owned by William Morris, Lord Nuffield, the founder and owner of Morris Motors ltd.

The new company’s scope was the production of sporting variants of the normal Morris motor cars: a strategy that was to last for half a century.

After a number of prewar cars, some of which were quite successful in racing (among others a class win at the 1933 Mille Miglia with Count Johnny Lurani and Lord Howe), after the war MG launched the TC, based on the ‘Midget’ TA of 1936.

Great Britain was aiming for more and more exports and, for some reasons, many American enthusiasts who spent part of the war years in Britain brought back witht them a passion for these small sport cars, and bought them by the thousands.

The Midget’s success convinced MG to modernize their products and in 1949 the TD was launched. More confortable due to its wider cockpit and indipendent front suspension, it was even available in left hand drive!  

While the TC sold around 10,000 units, the TD reached three times as much, and was superseded by the TF.

The TD was therefore the last MG with a traditional vertical radiator and external headlamps, which gave it that prewar look. In 1953, it was practically a new vintage car.

The car on sale today comes from the TD’s last year of production, and as such iso ne of the very last traditional MGs. 

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but, for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

 

Estimate    28.000 / 35.000
8

Fiat 500 F (1968)

CHASSIS N. 110F - 1745565

ENGINE: 2 CYLINDER

DISPLACEMENT: 499.5 CC

POWER: 18.2 BHP

BODY STYLE: Two door saloon

AN UNREPEATABLE SINGLE-OWNER 500

With around 5,200,000 examples built, the Fiat Nuova 500 and its spin-offs have played a leading role in the history of our country. 

Developed, updated and improved, it reached the height of its success from the 1960s onwards.  In 1965 the 500 F was presented, of which we have an exceptional example on auction today.  Compared to the previous D, the F has front hinged doors which necessitated a review of the whole body, while the power was increased to 18 horsepower and the chassis parts and brakes were improved.

There are countless Cinquecento cars still to be found on Italian roads and on the market.  However the one we are offering today is simply unique since it has belonged to the same person since it was new: in fact it was purchased new by the seller.  It only has around 36,800 kilometers on the clock and, naturally, it has always been maintained in excellent condition by the owner’s son.

It has a sober dark blue livery with beige interior and presents no defects, it works impeccably and has recently received a set of new tyres.

This represents a very rare opportunity to purchase a single-owner Cinquecento in unsurpassable conditions of freshness and originality.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

Estimate    6.000 / 8.000
Price realized  Registration
9

LANCIA FULVIA COUPE’ 1.3HF (1968)

CHASSIS N. 818.340*001354

ENGINE: V4

DISPLACEMENT: 1298 CM3

POWER:  88 BHP

BODY STYLE: COUPE’

THE START OF THE UNBEATABLE RALLY LANCIAS

In 1963, while the Fulvia saloon started its career, Piero Castagnero was working on the Coupé version. The result was a classic and elegant, yet sporting little car which was to become the darling of sophisticated city ladies as well as strong racing drivers.

With a shorter wheelbase and a lighter and more slippery bodywork, plus stronger engines, the Fulvia Coupé had an immediate advantage on the boxy saloon.

Born in 1965, the Fulvia Coupè  had a 1215,78 cm3 and 80 bhp engine and a weight of only 950 kg. It was followed in January 1966 by the Fulvia Coupè HF, with 88 bhp and a simpler and lighter finish, with a weight of just 825 kg.

The engine had grown to 1298,26 cm3, with two carburetors and sportier camshafts, free flow intake and exhaust manifolds, while the body was made with thinner gauge steel, and alluminium doors and bonnets.

This special version, which was destined to race, had a dark red livery with a longitudinal yellow and blue strip. The cockpit was simpler and lighter too.

Only 425 Coupé HF were built, compared to the 20,436 normal Coupés. The price was higher too: 1,845,000 lire, compared to the 1,425,000 of the Berlina GT or the 1,595,000 of the Alfa Romeo GT 1300 Junior.

The victories of the Fulvia HF are too numerous to mention, let’s just remember the    Rally dei Fiori with Cella/Lombardini, class wins at Targa Florio with Cella/Marzi and at the Nurburgring 1000 km with Foschi/Malanca, the Rally di San Martino di Castrozza with Cella/Ramoino, the Turismo and Gran Turismo categories in the Italian Speed Championship with Radec e Foschi, and the Italian Rally Championship with Leo Cella… all this in 1966 alone.

1967 started with a Team Prize at the Montecarlo, plus a Production Touring Class victory and 2°, 4°, e 5° overall, and continued with Rally dei Fiori, Rally di Sardegna,  San Martino, Tour de Corse and many more…

In 1968 Pat Moss was second at the Monte, and the list of Fulvia HF wins went on with the Rally dell’Elba, West Alps, Sardinia, Portugal, and who knows how many others.

It is easier to say that the Fulvia Coupé 1.3 HF kick started an irrepeatable season of world successes for Lancia, mainly in Rallies but also on hillclimbs and long distance circuit racing, which gave the factory more glory that it ever had in the previous speed and F1 racing under Gianni Lancia.

This model represents the start of a line of cars like the Stratos, Delta Integrale, 037, S4, which today form the core of Lancia’s Heritage for the youger generations.

The 1.3 HF on offer here today is a very rare and pristine restored example of this small number of special Fulvias.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

 

Estimate    56.000 / 65.000
10

MERCEDES BENZ 450 SEL 6.9 (1975)

CHASSIS N.116036 12 000267

ENGINE: V8

DISPLACEMENT: 6834 CC

POWER: 286 CV

BODY STYLE: SALOON 

THE WOLF-IN-SHEEP-CLOTHING FROM STUTTGART

In 1968 the beautiful S Klasse designed by Frenchman Paul Bracq which, in the long wheelbase version with injection became the SEL, was also proposed with an extreme 6.3 liter engine, derived from that of the 600.  This vehicle combined the comfort, space and safety of the great saloon from Stuttgart with the performance of a true sports car: the Americans classed it as a real “Hot Rod”.

With the release of the new Class S in 1972 (known by enthusiasts by its design number, W116), the 6.3 went out of production and was not replaced.

But the Stuttgart engineers transplanted an even bigger engine - up from 6300 cm3  to 6900 - into the new body.  This engine had electronic ignition, overhead single camshafts and a detail worthy of a racing car: a dry sump that made a lower mounting on the vehicle possible.  It developed a good 286 horsepower at 4250 revs, and a torque of 56 mkg at just 3000 revs.  It was the biggest engine on sale on the market.

The chassis parts were also revised with a new hydraulic suspension that improved the already excellent standards of the normal S saloons.

Weighing two tons, the 6.9 reached a speed of almost 230 km/h.

Its refined technology and low production numbers, made it a gem for the very few: in fact the vehicle’s list price was 29,900,000 Italian Lire, compared to the 15 million Lire of the rather self-indulgent 450 SE, and the 9.6 million of the six cylinder 280. By way of an example, a Porsche Carrera cost 16,400,000 Lire, an Aston Martin DBS V8 cost 22 million, and a Ferrari BB cost just 24,235,000 Lire.

The great driver and journalist Paul Frére, in the March 1976 issue of Quattroruote magazine, concluded his test drive simply saying: “Just one adjective can describe this extraordinary vehicle: it’s fabulous!”

The vehicle proposed is in excellent original condition.  It has 181,000 kilometers on the clock and mechanically it functions perfectly from every aspect, to the extent that it was brought by road from Ferrara to Florence with no problems.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but, for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

 

Estimate    20.000 / 25.000
Price realized  Registration
11

FIAT 1800 B (1966)

CHASSIS N. 188636

ENGINE: IN LINE 6

DISPLACEMENT: 1795 CM3

POWER: 86 cv

A GRAND FIAT SALOON IN EXCEPTIONAL CONDITION

In the mid ‘50s Fiat started to work on a new series of full size saloons, to supersede the 1400 and 1900, launched back in 1950.

In that period in Turin the style was changing from the round lines to the straight and angular ones. The pioneer was once again Battista Pinin Farina with his Florida and Flaminia Lancias.

The new Fiat flagship was to reach much bigger volumes and therefore had stronger American influences in its style.

While the new models were designed, the engineers worked on traditional in line  engines but also on a detuned version of the 8V. In the end the in line six was chosen, but it received a brand new performance SOHC head designed by a newly hired Aurelio Lampredi, fresh from Ferrari.

The new car was launched at the Geneva Show of 1959 with 1800 and 2100 engines. The lineup also sported a Station Wagon and a long wheelbase luxury version, the  2100 Special.

The best news came in 1961 with the 1800B, which had disc brakes, a stronger 86 bhp engine and a new rear axle.

The 1800B you see here today had but two owners: the first registered it in Italy then brought it abroad, where the second owner bought it due to its exceptionally original condition.

Everything on the car is original, and a few years ago a light conservative restoration has been carried out.

The upholstery has been renewed with new old stock materials. The seller is a collector of unique pieces which puts great value in originality.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

Estimate    6.000 / 10.000
12

ALFA ROMEO GIULIETTA SPRINT 3RD SERIES (1962)

CHASSIS N. AR162239

ENGINE: 4 CYLINDER

DISPLACEMENT: 1,290 CC

POWER:  80 CV

BODY STYLE: Two seater Coupé

Until the early 1950s Alfa Romeo was a large engineering company that also produced a small number of high luxury motor vehicle chassis, practically made by hand, with the bodywork fitted externally.

The company already began changing skin with the 1900, turning itself into a regular automobile manufacturer with the mass production of complete vehicles.

However the model that truly established the transformation was the Giulietta with just 1300 CC.

With the Giulietta, Alfa Romeo entered a new market segment - that of sports vehicles with medium-small displacement: a segment that practically concurred with the Portello brand for three decades.

The Giulietta is, therefore, possibly the most important of all the Alfa Romeo vehicles, the progenitor of an infinite series of models that have conquered markets all over the world: despite being based on a solid prior tradition, it is the model on which Alfa’s success rests.

Launched in 1954 in the Coupé version, it was then produced in a Spider and Saloon version.  The bodywork of the Coupé was designed by Bertone, who also took care of the fittings: the body shells were then transported to Milan for the assembly of the mechanical parts and finishings.

Derived from vehicles that were between a racing car and the prototype, the Giulietta Coupé was and is a masterpiece of its genre: snug and streamlined, with a clean and perfectly proportioned line that was a trailblazer.  It was so successful that it was produced without variation for more than a decade, even passing on to the subsequent model, the Giulia.  It was replicated, in various series, in 24,084 examples, very few of which have survived.

The magnificent Giulietta we are proposing today has been mainly preserved with some partial repainting.  It still has all its original components and has been maintained with great care by its owners.  It is presented with the original registration documents and period number plates, having been registered in Trieste and moved to Padua after a few months.

The mechanics and interior have been carefully checked and renewed whilst maintaining the original components: the car thus presents that rare quality that no total restoration is able to replicate.

On the road the vehicle behaves perfectly, proof of the care afforded by its owners as well as the recent replacement of a series of consumable materials including the tyres.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

 

Estimate    55.000 / 65.000
13

SIATA 1500 (1962)

CHASSIS N. 0108103

ENGINE: 4 CYLINDER

DISPLACEMENT: 1481 CM3

POWER: 94 BHP

BODY STYLE: COUPE’

A VERY RARE “FUORISERIE”

The “Società Italiana Applicazione Trasformazioni Automobilistiche” (SIATA) was founded in Turin in 1926, and the name already contains a statement of intent to which it has remained faithful for almost fifty years.

The first study of a complete SIATA vehicle dates back to 1948 and it was launched in 1949 with the name of “Amica”: it had a tubular chassis and the tuned engine of the Topolino.  The Daina came out in 1950, a splendid two seater spider and, in 1952, things got more intent with the 208 that was fitted with a Fiat 8V engine which was, however, equipped with a specific five gear transmission.

In the meantime, SIATA placed a small series of vehicles on the market that were directly derived from the Fiat 600 and 1100 models.

Encouraged by these experiences, with the launch of the Fiat 1300/1500 medium saloon, SIATA prepared a streamlined coupé derived from this car, the bodywork of which was the work of Michelotti and was inspired by one of his fuoriserie built on a Jaguar XK140 chassis.  The 1300TS and 1500TS naturally had an upgraded engine compared to the standard one and decidedly sportier finishings: the 1500 went from 73 to 94 horsepower.

Very limited quantities of this model were built and certainly only a very few examples survive today.

The vehicle proposed here, which still has its original five figure number plates, is characterized by the sporty fittings that also include two valuable Jaeger instruments of the same type as those used on the Ferraris of the period.

The 1500 TS cost 1,850,000 Lire: exactly the same as a saloon of a superior class like the Lancia Flavia 1800.  In comparison the Fiat 1500 saloon from which it was derived only cost 1,250,000 Lire and the Flavia Coupé 2,560,000 Lire.

This 1500TS has no bumpers which, in any case, are easy to find as they are the same ones used on the standard Fiat saloon.  It has a very sporty red livery with black interior and is in very good order mechanically as every part has been checked.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

Estimate    20.000 / 30.000
Price realized  Registration
14

JAGUAR XK 140 DHC (1955)

CHASSIS N. S817705

ENGINE: IN-LINE 6 CYLINDER, TWIN-CAM

DISPLACEMENT: 3400 CC

POWER: 190 BHP

BODY STYLE: DROPHEAD COUPE

At the 1948 London Motor Show Jaguar launched the prototype of a sports vehicle, the XK120,  that was destined to arouse a lot of interest, particularly in its new twin-cam engine, to be mounted on a saloon car that was scheduled to be launched soon after.

During the production of the XK120, all the improvements from which the car would have benefitted in terms of comfort, drivability or even simplicity of production and maintenance, were concentrated on the subsequent model -  the XK140 - of which we are today proud to propose an excellent example.

Built between 1954 and 1957, the XK 140 DHC (Drop Head Coupé) of which just 2310 were left-hand drive models, is much rarer than the OTS, of which 3281 were built.

The vehicle proposed here, chassis N° 817705, was manufactured in early 1955. The Drophead Coupé was a luxury version of the XK140, due to its more generous interior space and its more sophisticated finish. Leather and walnut was the name of the game here, just like in the Jaguar luxury saloons of the period.

Mechanically speaking, the XK 140 was very similar to the 120, but the steering was completely revamped to give a more modern level of driveability.  The rear lever arm shock absorbers were replaced by two telescopic units: much more cutting edge and high performing. The electrics also passed from six volts to twelve.

With regard to the bodywork, the XK 140 had bigger bumpers and a more comfortable passenger compartment also thanks to the repositioning of the engine and the modifications to the steering wheel and seats.

The vehicle offered was imported to Italy many years ago and purchased by the current owner around 20 years ago.  It has always been kept in excellent condition and ‘on the button’.

Used for leisure purposes and on the occasion of some regularity rallies, the vehicle presents itself very well and has a classic BRG/tan livery with the right ‘patina’.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but, for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

 

Estimate    85.000 / 120.000
15

JAGUAR Mk IX (1961)

CHASSIS N. 793639BW

ENGINE: 6 CYLINDER

DISPLACEMENT: 3800 CM3

POWER: 220 BHP

BODY STYLE: SALOON

A MAJESTIC SPORT SALOON

This great sports saloon on which all the ambitions for growth and success of William Lyons and his Jaguar were based, was launched in 1950 and took the name of “Mk VII”. 

The Mk IX we are presenting today represents the last evolution of this line of large saloons with separate chassis. These vehicles were successful in the three versions, MkVII, MkVIII and MkIX.

These models, together with the sporty XKs and the competition successes, laid the foundations for Jaguar’s success.  They were the last Jaguar saloons with separate chassis, after them came the MkX which was then transformed into the 420G and the long line of XJs, the most successful model of Sir William Lyons’ Jaguar.

The vehicle belongs to the last year of production and only 382 cars were built after this one.  It has a rather particular story because it was bought by an American who kept it for less than a year, selling it to a resident of New York who looked after it fondly from 1962 until 2008.  In all those years, this Mk IX took part in countless events, meetings and competitions, winning hundreds of prizes.  It was purchased in 2008 by the vendor, a great Jaguar enthusiast, who added it to his collection, using it very little and maintaining it in perfect efficiency.

Today the vehicle presented is in excellent condition, functional in every aspect, complete with all its pertinent elements and perfectly mechanically efficient.  It is a preserved vehicle therefore it naturally shows some signs of wear which would be acceptable for a vehicle half its age.

It has a very elegant grey livery with a grey-blue leather interior and, naturally, very complete cabinetwork which was the pride and joy of these cars.  The interior is in excellent condition, but the driver’s seat has been repaired by inserting a new piece of leather.  Contrary to the norm which envisaged a bench-style front seat for automatic Mk IXs, this example has rare separate seats, and the one on the right-hand side is actually a folding Reuter seat, obtainable on request.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements. 

 

Estimate    35.000 / 55.000
16

SAAB 96 DE LUXE (1964)

CHASSIS N. 227020

ENGINE: 3 CYLINDER, 2 STROKE

DISPLACEMENT: 841 CC

POWER: 46 BHP

BODY STYLE: SALOON

AN UNCONVENTIONAL SPORT SALOON

Svenska Aeroplan Aktie Bolaget: the acronym SAAB leaves no doubt about the vocation of the company that, before IKEA, taught us how to appreciate the pragmatic creativity of the Swedes.

The Swedish engineers wisely focused on a simple, light, affordable and reliable product: a small vehicle that used a light weight and aerodynamics to make up for the lack of horsepower, built on a simple chassis frame with a two door body style in which anything superfluous has been eliminated. 

‘Lateral thinking’ was also applied to the engine: given that the best car engine is a six cylinder with medium-high displacement, but considering that the SAAB would not have been able to cope with the bulk, weight and cost, the engineers decided to install a two stroke three cylinder engine!  The greater simplicity and absence of vibration, with the high specific power, made it a perfect alternative for anyone ready to look beyond the conventional.  These characteristics also made it possible to use the 96 in competitions and, above all, in rallies, a specialty long dominated by Scandinavian drivers: the most famous SAAB driver was possibly Erik Carlsson.

In this way, over the years SAAB built up a very faithful clientele of people who were used to challenging the obvious, to living in an alternative and creative way. 

Today you have an opportunity to purchase a very rare SAAB 96 with a two stroke engine, the vehicle on which the legend of this Scandinavian brand was founded. Launched in 1960 to replace the 93, re-motorized with a four stroke V4 Ford in 1967, it left the stage in 1980.

Purchased in Sweden around ten years ago by the current owner, a Swedish lady who moved to Italy, the 96 has been used little and carefully maintained. A copy of the official SAAB Certificate of Origin comes with the car.

This represents an almost unique opportunity in Italy to obtain a vehicle that is different from all the others, that is fun and particularly suitable for historic reenactments of competitions and rallies in the 1950s and 1960s.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

 

 

Estimate    8.000 / 12.000
Price realized  Registration
17

TRIUMPH TR4A IRS (1965)

CHASSIS N. CTC/51546-LO

ENGINE: 4 CYLINDER

DISPLACEMENT:  2138 CM3

POWER:  100 BHP

BODY STYLE: ROADSTER

A RARE EXAMPLE OF A DUCATI BRANDED BRITISH ROADSTER

From 1952 onwards, Triumph launched a series of sports models: from the TR1 to the TR3.  They were followed by the TR4, a completely new project, produced from 1961; this was then followed by the TR5 and the TR6.

The TR4’s body was designed by Giovanni Michelotti who had a fruitful collaboration with Triumph, and it was much more spacious and comfortable than the previous series. Fitted with windows and a real hood, it could be used in all weather conditions.

The mechanics involved a traditional yet generous four cylinder 2100 cm3 engine – which limited its diffusion in Italy.  The car still had the obsolete separate chassis.

In 1965 the TR4A IRS was introduced which a modernized independent rear suspension: its price at the time in Italy was 2,250,000 Lire.

At the time, the management of Ducati had made an agreement with Triumph in order to distribute their cars.  This project fell through almost immediately and, for this reason, only a very few 2000 saloons, TR4s and Heralds were imported by Ducati.

This TR4, gleaming in its original “Signal Red” livery, still proudly bears the Ducati Meccanica logo and is, therefore, an unmissable piece for a Ducati collector!

Moreover, in addition to the ASI [Italian Historic Automotoclub] Approval dated 1989, it also possesses the Certificate of Origin of the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust which certifies the numbers and Ducati importation.

This is an extremely original vehicle (it has a Milan number plate from 1972) and has been restored in order to bring it back to its original condition; it also has a file of documents proving its authenticity.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

 

 

Estimate    35.000 / 55.000
18

FIAT 1100 TV Pinin Farina (1955)

CHASSIS N. 168695

ENGINE: 4 CILINDRI

DISPLACEMENT:  1089 CM3

POWER:  53 BHP

BODY STYLE: COUPE

A VERY RARE SPORT COUPE FOR THE GENTLEMAN DRIVER, READY FOR THE MILLE MIGLIA

The 1950s were a golden era for motor racing, and the Italian manufacturers were quick to adapt, creating specialistic racing cars and a number of more affordable cars derived from the normal production.

One of these successful models was the  Fiat 1100 TV (Turismo Veloce). Launched at the 1953 Paris Show, it was a four door saloon with a more powerful engine than the 1100/103 saloon.

A small number of 1100 TVs was produced by Fiat as a simple platform chassis, which the independent coachbuilders would then complete.

One of these “Fuoriserie” was the Coupé created by Pinin Farina, of which approximately 700 units were produced. These were sold by Pinin Farina rather than Fiat Dealers, and were produced in two series, one with a smaller rear window, and later one with a wider, curved one similar to those of some Ferraris.

The genius of Pinin Farina is evident in this little car, which could not be more different to the normal saloon from which it is derived. It had a direct relationship with two of Pinin Farina’s masterpieces: the Cisitalia 202 and the Lancia Aurelia B20.

These cars, having being generated by a marriage between an industrial manufacturer and an industrial coachbuilder, have an intrinsic quality which was not available on the unique specials created by small town artisans, that the Americans have so aptly named ‘etceterini’.

This quality, together with its comfort, good performances and absolute rarity, make these small but great Fiats very sought after by the collectors and enthusiasts, and particularly by those who want a car for the long road-racing regularity events, such as the Mille Miglia, the Gran Premio Nuvolari or the Coppa Milano-Sanremo.

The car we propose here today has spent many years in Brescia, living in very close contact with the Mille Miglia. It has been owned for more than a decade by a class winner of the 1955 race, later Chairman of the Club Mille Miglia, who then sold it to one of the top brass of the Mille Miglia organization. It took part in many an edition in the ‘80s and ‘90s, and therefore has a very high probability of being accepted in the race.

The engine has been rebuilt recently and it is very strong, and the whole mechanics are in perfect shape. The bodywork and the interior are mostly original and in very good conservation state. This TV is well known in the Mille Miglia circles as the best of a handful remaining cars. It represents an unique opportunity to purchase a significant motor car, with a sure Mille Miglia potential, for a price which is still affordable.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

Estimate    150.000 / 200.000
19

BENTLEY T II (1979)

CHASSIS N. SBH37023

ENGINE: V8

DISPLACEMENT: 6750 CM3

POWER: ADEQUATE

BODY STYLE: SALOON

A BESPOKE PICCADILLY BENTLEY

Founded by Walter Owen Bentley in 1919, Bentley Motors quickly became the motor car of choice for those who could indulge in the best compromise between sport and luxury. The Company went under in 1931, and was acquired by Rolls-Royce. From that moment to 1931 the two Brands lived together, and Bentley was used for a number of sportier versions of the main Rolls-Royce models.

The Bentley T Type was launched  (with the Silver Shadow) in 1965 with the 6230 cm3 V8 engine and was the most sophisticated new model ever designed by Rolls-Royce, as well as the one with the longest and most successful career .

The T Type was the first Bentley ever designed with a monocoque, which made it possible to reduce the weight and to give the new car a lower and more modern line, still maintaining the same interior space and comfort which made these car legendary. It was later modified with a 6750 cm3 engine.

In 1977 a Second Series was launched, as Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow II and Bentley T2. With a new modern fascia, a very sophisticated climate control system, and new energy-absorbing bumpers, the T2 was produced just for three years, in 568 units only. In the same period, 10,566 Silver Shadow II came out of the Crewe factory, while the previous series (admittedly run for eleven years) gave 1,712 Bentleys and 18,493 Shadows.

The two versions had exactly the same price of £ 19,495 plus taxes, i.e. £ 22,809 all in. The differences were minimal: only the radiator grille and the hubcaps had a Bentley logo (even the rocker covers and the instrument dials had the Rolls-Royce logo on most T Series Bentleys!), and therefore Bentley sales were at their lowest in this period. They were only bought by those clients who appreciated a slightly more understated image.

Still, Bentleys had the same inimitable qualities, materials and hand-made feel of any Rolls-Royce, and in some cases, like this one, some bespoke finishes.

It was bought in 1979 by Aquascutum of Piccadilly, which had a similar positioning as Bentley’s, being an historical company selling high-class menswear mixing tradition with sportiness.

Surely this car was a Piccadilly star, driving Aquascutum’s Chairman, or their best customers, to the Company’s flagship store.

This Bentley T2 therefore is a very rare late model with a unique livery, in mostly original condition, with low mileage and perfectly kept.

It represents a rare opportunity to purchase a T2 in perfect shape.

 The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements. 

 

Estimate    18.000 / 22.000
Price realized  Registration
20

MERCEDES BENZ 230 SL (1965)

CHASSIS N. 11304-2-10-00606

ENGINE: IN LINE 6

DISPLACEMENT: 2306 CM3

POWER:  170 BHP

BODY STYLE: CABRIOLET

THE MOST ELEGANT SPORTING MERCEDES

After the hard postwar years, Mercedes-Benz in 1952 surprised the automotive world by launching a no-compromise sports car: the 300SL, where SL was for Sport Light…

With this model Mercedes conquered many a glorious race but also the respect of the markets, commercial success and plenty of dollars, which Germany badly needed.

This motor car, with extremely high performance and price, was soon given a smaller sister aimed at more normal customers: the four cylinder 190SL.

At the end of these models lifecycle, Stuttgart decided to supersede them with a single new model, which would lose something in terms of performance, and gain a lot in terms of elegance and ease of use. This policy allowed the new model –the 230SL- a much wider appeal and a great success: around 14,700 units were produced at a price which was still pretty high: in 1964 Italy it was 4,405,000 lire.

Its SOHC six cylinder had a sophisticated Bosch fuel injection and 170bhp, which ensured a speed of 125 mph was reached, and the bodywork was square but very elegant.

Almost all the cars had a canvas top and a steel hard top, whose line gave the car the nickname “Pagoda”. Not only it was fast and beautiful then, but it could be used all year round and in all conditions, as a Cabriolet or as a Coupé.

The example proposed today has been completely restored.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

 

Estimate    50.000 / 70.000
21

BMW 3.0 CSL ‘BATMOBILE’ (1973)

CHASSIS N. 2275484

ENGINE: 6 CYLINDER

DISPLACEMENT: 3.153 CM3

POWER:  206 cv

BODY STYLE: COUPE’

A ROAD ‘BATMOBILE’ IN UNIQUE, TIME-WARP, CONDITION

At the end of the 1960s Bayerische Motoren Werke (BMW) was in good shape due to its successful four cylinder models, and was ready to step up in six-pot territory.

The new ‘six’ went in the 2500 and 2800 saloons. Meanwhile, the unassuming 2000CS ‘four’ was reengineered with the six cylinder 2.8 and a new front designed by Michelotti. Power passed from 120 to 170 bhp and the E9 series was born.

In 1971 the elegant coupé was pushed even higher with a 3.0 liter/180 bhp version, and quickly it caught the attention of racing types who started using it in Touring championships.

This made way for the CSL, with alloy panels and simplified seats to shed some weight, and finally in 1973 the definitive version was launched. Displacement went up to 3153 cm3, power to 206 bhp, and an aerodynamic kit was created for this Homologation Special. As soon as they saw it, enthusiasts and press called it the Batmobile. Its generous, yet flexible engine was to be the base for every six cylinder “M”, up to the futuristic M1.

As an Homologation Special, the car should have been produced in 500 units, but some semiofficial sources state the total was just 167, while the total E9 production is more than 30,000 units.

This Batmobile (authenticated by BMW) is therefore an extremely rare and valuable collection item, probably irrepeatable in these never-raced, low-mileage, original condition. Most cars in fact have been raced and abused, and possibly restored in recent years, losing their patina and originality forever.

It’s a unique opportunity to purchase a very important motor car with a very strong investment potential.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

Estimate    250.000 / 350.000
22

BMW 327/28 (1938)

CHASSIS N. 74301

ENGINE: INLINE SIX, TYPE 328

DISPLACEMENT: 1970 CM3

POWER:  80 bhp

BODY STYLE: CABRIOLET

A BMW ‘M’ FORTY YEARS IN ADVANCE

Bayerische Motoren Werke (BMW) Was founded in 1916 with aero engine production in mind. It then moved to motorcycles and finally to motor cars, where for many years thrived in the lower segments of the market.

In 1937 the Company was ready to play in the higher and more profitable part of the market, which it challenged with the new luxury model, the 327. This was a Cabriolet equipped with a new in line six cylinder two liter engine. The big car though was struggling with the power of only 55 bhp offered by the sidevalve engine.

Meanwhile a sport model was launched: the 328. This was a very successful model then, and the most important prewar BMW now: a wonderful two seat roadster with a very efficient and generous 80 bhp six cylinder, based on the 327 but was transformed by a new alloy head with V valves, moved by an ingenious system which operated the valves via rods and followers, without the need of making a new block to move the camshaft from its position. The more advanced distribution, and the new three downdraft carburettors, allowed the engine to breathe a lot better.

This great engine was very successful in the 328s, but also had a ‘second life’ in England after the war, when it was produced by Bristol and used by a host of small sportcar manufacturers until the early 1960s. It was also used by many racing car builders, in various state of tune, eventually producing almost 200 bhp.

The BMW 327 Cabriolet was built in alost 2000 units, while only 462 328s were built before the war changed everybody’s priorities. It was, and still is, the most sought after two seat sportscar to come out of the Bavarian Motor Works.

But even in the Thirties, for some clients good was not enough, and therefore BMW decided to create a faster version of the 327, or arguably a more luxurious version of the 328. The 328-engined 327 was christened, with typical German fantasy, “327/28”, and was produced in 569 units. This car pioneered a concept that BMW was to exploit very successfully forty years later, with the “M” (for Motorsport) versions of its luxury motor cars.

The very rare 327/28 we are offering today was originally sold to France, and from there it went to the US just after the war. Restored in the 1980s, it was then imported into Italy and bought by its current owner, to be a part of his important collection. It has always been impeccably maintained and used sparingly, especially in recent  years.

This motor car represents a unique opportunity for BMW enthusiasts, or for any collector who wishes to acquire a fast and easy to drive, comfortable and luxurious prewar open car. It is also a very good investment as its rarity and parentage are beyond reproach.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

Estimate    200.000 / 250.000
Price realized  Registration
23

Jaguar XJS 6.0 Cabriolet (1994)

CHASSIS N.  SAJJNAFS4ER195337

ENGINE: 12 CYLINDER

DISPLACEMENT: 6.000 CM3

POWER: 304 BHP

BODY STYLE: Cabriolet 2+2

A MAJESTIC SPORTING V12 CABRIOLET

The Jaguar XJ-S was produced for 21 years with around 115,000 examples built.

in reality it was a GT rather than a sports car, an evolution perfectly in line with the gradual transformation of the brand’s DNA also thanks to the great success of the XJ saloons.

Developed and adapted over the years with various fittings and engine options, in the eyes of enthusiasts the most authentic XJ-S (subsequently called XJS) has to have a twelve cylinder engine.

The Cabriolet versions are among the most highly sought after and therefore the vehicle that we are proposing today, a rare Cabriolet 6.0 from the last period of production, represents one of the best options for anyone looking for the pleasure of driving in the open air with a great multi-cylinder engine.  An additional advantage is that, in the final period of production, the XJS benefitted from a series of construction modifications that made it more modern and reliable determined by the fact that the Coventry company had been purchased by Ford and subjected to an attentive process of modernization.

The vehicle proposed here has always been looked after with fanatical care.  It has classical British Racing Green and beige livery, and is equipped with very expensive wire wheels (the standard ones are available).  Recent interventions, in addition to the services and mechanical adjustments, have involved a complete overhaul of the complex hydraulic mechanism of the hood.

Whilst the 5.3 versions are more widespread – not to mention the less interesting six cylinders – only a few examples of the Cabriolet 6.0 were imported and it is practically impossible to find them in this condition.  Therefore this is a unique occasion for enthusiasts of this genre to enjoy a Cabriolet with a V12 engine.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

 

Estimate    30.000 / 35.000
Price realized  Registration
24

PORSCHE 911 964 CARRERA 4 CABRIO (1992)

CHASSIS N. WPOZZZ96ZMS452888 

ENGINE: SIX CYLINDER BOXER

DISPLACEMENT: 3600 cm³

POWER: 250 bhp

BODY STYLE: CABRIOLET

THE DEFINITIVE 964

Porsche 991s built between 1989 and 1993 are known by the Project Number: 964. 

To increase the appeal of the 911 for a wider public, for the first time Porsche offered some new solutions which made the car more user friendly and adaptable, like an automatic transmission and all-wheel drive (on the Carrera 4). 

The all-wheel drive was very important for some key markets, like Germany, Switzerland, Austria and the northern American states: so much so that the first 964s of 1989 were only available as Carrera 4s. 

 This transmission requested long and thorough study, considering that the 911 originally had both engine and drive at the back end. 

Torque went through a central differential which split it 31% to the front and 69% to the rear wheels, while the front and rear diffs were electronically controlled via the ABS system. The central and rear differentials were manually lockable by the driver, but the system automatically freed them as soon as the speed went over 40 kmh. 

The 964 had airbags and ABS, and the engine went up to 3.6 litres.

Power was 250bhp on the ‘normal’ cars and 320 bhp on the Turbos. 

In 1990 a simplified model, with rear wheel drive only, was offered and called Carrera 2. 

Both models were available with Coupé,Targa or Cabriolet body, and later the Speedster was added to the available lineup.

The new suspension, many electronic systems and four wheel drive adopted by the 964 put it in a new and wider segment, and turned the 911 in a competitor for the sporting luxury cars of the period. 

It also paved the way for many more innovations, and was the penultimate 911 with an air-cooled engine. 

The car we are offering today is still practically new, having been driven for just 92,000 kms.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

 

 

Estimate    60.000 / 80.000
25

ALFA ROMEO 8C COMPETIZIONE (2008)

CHASSIS N. 035542

ENGINE: V8 Ferrari-Maserati

DISPLACEMENT: 4691 CM3

POWER: 450 BHP

BODY STYLE: Coupé

A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF THE ‘BACK TO THE ORIGINS’ ALFA ROMEO

The Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione was launched in 2007 at the Frankfurt Motor Show and produced in 500 units.

This model has been developed by Alfa Romeo with Maserati and Dallara, and produced in the Maserati factory in Modena.

Its name reminds us of the great Jano-designed in line eights “8C” models of the 1930s, as well as the postwar 6C 2500SS Competizione.

Jeremy Clarkson described the 8C Competizione as “the most beautiful motor car ever made”. 

The heart of this car is the Ferrari F136 engine, a 90° DOHC V8, developing 450 bhp (331 kW) at 7.000 rpm and 470 N.m at 4.750 rpm: 80% of this torque is available at 2.000 rpm.

The carbon fibre body of the 8C was inspired by the magnificent 1967 33 Stradale, in turn based on the 33 racing cars.

Together with the public, the critics loved the 8C too, awarding it many prizes such as the "Design Award for Concept Cars & Prototypes"  at the 2004 Concorso d'Eleganza di Villa d'Este.

The 8C we are offering today was originally bought by a well known Italian family and later sold to today’s seller, an enthusiast who kept it perfectly and used it sparingly.

 The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

 

Estimate    180.000 / 220.000
26

PORSCHE 911 S 2.7 (1974)

CHASSIS N. 9114300985

ENGINE: SIX CYLINDER BOXER

DISPLACEMENT: 2687 cm³

POWER: 177 BHP

BODY STYLE: COUPE’

A 911S 2.7 LIKE NEW

The Porsche 911 is an iconic sportscar built since 1963 in many versions.

These can be divided in two groups, as the first had an air cooled engine until 1997 and later adopted a liquid cooled one.

The original 911 (or 901 as its Project Number) was designed by Ferry Porsche for the technical part, while his son Ferdinand Alexander “Butzi” looked after the bodywork.

The first 82 units produced in 1964 were called 901s, and then this was changed to 911 due to a licence claim from Peugeot.

The 911 was a 2+2 Coupé with rear engine, rear wheel drive, torsion bar independent suspension, disc brakes and five-speed gearbox. The air-cooled 180° Boxer engine had a displacement of 1991 cm3 and a power of 130 bhp.

In 1966 the 911S version was launched, with a power of 160 bhp obtained with a number of engine refinements. In 1968, the wheelbase was stretched by 6 cm. to give an easier and more predictable handling to the car.

As the car grew and the American anti pollution regulations came in place, the displacement was raised to 2687 cm³, and all versions adepte the mechanical fuel injection.

 At that point, the range had the standard 911 (150 bhp), the 911 S (177 bhp) and the 911 Carrera (210 bhp), all available with a Coupé or Targa body.

The 911S 2.7 was a very exciting automobile with a very strong acceleration and top speed, and still is a very sought after classic Porsche.

This car has been completely restored following the specifications certified by Porsche, and it is therefore exactly as she was when it came out of the Zuffenhausen factory. 

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

 

Estimate    70.000 / 100.000
27

LANCIA FULVIA COUPE’ 1.3S RALLYE (1970)

CHASSIS N. 818.360*009398

ENGINE: NARROW ANGLE V4

DISPLACEMENT: 1298 CM3

POWER:  103 BHP

BODY STYLE: COUPE’

THE FASTEST 1.3 FULVIA

The Fulvia saloon, launched in 1963, had a V4 engine derived from its predecessor, the Appia, but a new front wheel drive transmission derived from the range topping Flavia. The new engine was more powerful and higher revving, while the fwd gave the car a very sporty handling.

While the saloon was finding its place in the market, the Lancia team, headed by Prof. Fessia, was working on its Coupé variant. This was to be a model designed and produced in house, and its author was a very talented Piero Castagnero.

Born in 1965, the Fulvia Coupè had a wheelbase reduced by 150mm., while the body was lighter and more aerodynamic. The engine was a 1215,78 cm3 with 80 bhp and a weight of only 950 kg. It was followed in January 1966 by the Fulvia Coupè HF, with 88 bhp and a simpler and lighter finish, with a weight of just 825 kg, and then in 1968 by the 1.3S Rallye with 103 bhp and 930 kg.

The 1.3 S Rallye had a 1298,26 cm3 engine with a higher compression ratio and rpm, which allowed it to reach 173 kmh (108 mph). 16,827 were produced between 1968 and 1970.

The Rallye we offer today has been completely restored and represents a very good opportunity to purchase a model whose value will surely go up in the next few years.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

Estimate    25.000 / 35.000
28

JAGUAR E TYPE 4.2 2° SERIE OTS (1969)

CHASSIS N. 1R12270

ENGINE: 6 CYLINDER

DISPLACEMENT: 4235 CM3

POWER:  265 BHP

BODY STYLE: OPEN TWO SEATER

A PERFECT ROADSTER

The launch of the E Type in 1961 was the fruit of a ten year development process during which Sir William Lyons established his Company on the markets as well as on the race tracks.

After the Competition XK120, in short, C Type, Lyons went to the aerospace industry in search of men and ideas: the result was the hiring of Malcolm Sayer and the D Type. Inevitably, it was successful and beautiful, something that cannot be said of another aeronautical-inspired Le Mans contender, the Bristol.

Sayer went on morphing the D Type into a roadgoing car, and the result was the only Jaguar not directly styled by Lyons and, nevertheless, possibly the best.

Like the “D”, the E Type had a centre-rear monocoque and a square tube front structure, in addition it received Jaguar’s very sophisticated rear suspension module.

The car was born with a 3.8 version of the XK engine, then bored to 4.2 in 1964. Later a few body and interior changes gave life to the Second Series, with better lights and a safer cockpit.

Had it not been produced in such numbers (around 70,000 units), the E Type would surely be one of the most valuable cars ever: Enzo Ferrari himself told journalist Gino Rancati that it was “the most beautiful car in the world”.

In 1968 an E Type 4.2 Roadster like the one you’re looking at had an Italian price of 4,780,000 lire. As an example, a Lancia Flaminia Zagato was 3,615,000 lire, a Maserati Mistral Convertibile 6,150,000 lire, and a Mercedes-Benz 250 SL 4,750,000 lire just like a Porsche 911S.

This E Type was originally sold in America. In the 1980s was imported in Italy and went through a painstaking ten-years restoration. By sheer coincidence, I have followed this process as it was coordinated by my mechanic and good friend Antonio Tentori in Cazzago Brabbia near Varese, who was also working on my own E Type.

Apart from the heating system, that the owner decided not to fit, the car has been brought back to as new condition in each and every component. In the following years it has been used very sparingly, and the seller informs us that it has never experienced the rain.

It is therefore an E Type which has been perfectly restored and still is like new. It has been published as an example of Series Two in a feature dedicated to E Type Roadsters by Ruoteclassiche, as well as in two books.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

Estimate    120.000 / 140.000
29

FORD M151 “MUTT” (1960)

CHASSIS N. 78691

ENGINE: 4 CYLINDER

DISPLACEMENT: 2300 CM3

POWER:  72BHP

BODY STYLE: ¼ TON MILITARY UTILITY, WITH ¼ TON TRAILER

THE LAST EVOLUTION OF THE ¼ TON JEEP

The last evolution of the military ¼ ton Jeep created in the early 1940s, the Ford M151 was also known as MUTT, standing for Military Utility Tactical Truck.

Military vehicles are generally designed and produced differently from production motor cars, as their features are fixed by the Army and the production assigned via a tender. The vehicles are usually defined by their payload (i.e. the weight of arms, ammunition and related hardware they were supposed to carry), which explains why these light reconnaissance all-terrain vehicles are officially known as ¼ ton, and popularly known by whatever nickname the soldiers happen to stick to them.

This model superseded the M38, and has been produced in vast quantity and used by more than 100 Armed Forces worldwide.

Just as the Jeep became an icon of the Second World War, the image of the MUTT is linked with the Viet Nam war. The horizontal grille was created because the design of the vertical one pioneered by the Jeep had been deposited, and is still used today by Jeep.

The vehicle proposed today comes from the first production lot ordered by the US Army: the contract was assigned to Ford, which subcontracted Willys Motors Inc. which of course had a great experience with these vehicles and had just stopped the production of the M38A. Later MUTTs were built by Kaiser Corp.

The road registration document of this vehicle describes it as "Ford Willys M151”. 

It has a modernized 2.3 liter four cylinder engine, with waterproof distributor, cables and spark plugs which allow it to tackle deep fords.

The transmission is on the four wheels via a manual gearbox and transfer case, but the suspension is all-independent with coil springs, which gave the MUTT a perfect traction and higher comfort. This advance arrived on commercial 4x4s only in the 1990s, more than 30 years after the MUTT.

This MUTT has its original tow hook and ¼ ton trailer, which carries a 5/64 production date, as well as the typical jerry can, shovel and axe which were originally mounted on every one of these vehicles.

Having been road registered in Italy, it has indicator repeaters and rear view mirrors, which are non original but compulsory. This car’s conservation state, up to the rarely seen original upholstery, makes it a very rare combination and a very appealing one both for military collectors and for motoring enthusiasts alike.

La vettura è in ottime condizioni meccaniche, ma per sicurezza consigliamo all’acquirente di sottoporla a un controllo e di sostituire i fluidi, i filtri e particolari deperibili.

 

Estimate    15.000 / 20.000
30

ALFA ROMEO 1750 (1970)

CHASSIS N. AR*1755229

ENGINE: 4 CYLINDER

DISPLACEMENT: 1779 CM3

POWER:  118 cv

BODY STYLE: SALOON

RARE 1750 BERLINA IN ORIGINAL CONDITIONS

At the end of the 1960s Alfa Romeo did not have a top level saloon in the range.

They decided to launch one, based on the proven Giulia mechanics mounted on a bigger body, designed by Bertone.

In January 1968 the 1750 was launched, with a wheelbase of mm. 2570 and a body length which was 25 cm. longer than the Giulia’s.

The new car received the name of its glorious (6C) 1750, and the first press launch in 1967 was a tour along the Mille Miglia roads with journalists and old drivers, driving new and old 1750s. This was the first time the Mille Miglia was celebrated on the road, and the start of its renaissance.

At the 1969 Turin Show an enhanced version was launched, with double brake circuit, top-hinged pedals, dynamic air intake and a new steering wheel.

1970 saw the highest production of 1750 Berlinas (26.787), which was to be superseded in 1972 by the 2000. It was also the year in which the exceptional car we are offering today was built.

This car has been religiously maintained by its two owners and driven a very low mileage. It still has its original plates and ‘libretto’, and the very rare Maintenance Logbook where all the services have been noted and stamped by the Alfa Romeo dealer.

Today, the car is fully functional and has just gone through a check and service.

This is indeed a unique opportunity of purchasing such a rare and original 1750.

The vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition but for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over and to replace the fluids, filters and perishable elements.

 

Estimate    10.000 / 15.000
Price realized  Registration
1 - 30  of 31